Matthew assists companies and entrepreneurs in business strategy through recognizing, mitigating and managing risk. Because he views his clients as strategic partners, he is able to communicate and collaborate in a manner that often leads his clients to view him as a member of their team. A strategic negotiator and proven leader, Matthew represents companies in all stages of development with a particular focus on founding entrepreneurs, startups, and emerging growth companies.
Matthew has completed numerous venture capital financials, mergers, acquisitions, strategic relationships, and technology licensing arrangements. He has a track record of developing and implementing creative solutions to complex legal problems.
Matthew is admitted to practice in New York and has been named a 2014 and 2015 Super Lawyer, Rising Star.
- Serve as Legal Counsel to Ruckus Marketing, LLC.
- Serve as Legal Counsel to BloxTrade.
- Represented manager of Hedge Fund in the formation of a new equity long-short fund and its private placement of membership interests.
- Represented technology firm in strategic acquisition of competitor
- Represented developer in a multi-million dollar fundraise in connection with its acquisition of a brewery in Pennsylvania.
- Represented a Delaware corporation in a friends and family fundraising round at a $750,000 valuation.
- Represented Delaware corporation in a seed fundraising round at a $750,000 valuation.
- Represented an angel investor in a Series A fundraising round at a 1.2 million dollar valuation.
- Represented an angel investor in a Series A fundraising round at a 12.5 million dollar valuation.
- Represented a Delaware corporation in an angel round at a 2 million dollar valuation and subsequent series seed round. The firm has represented this entity since inception, structured both the initial C. Corp and friends and family round.
- Represented a 3-d printing company in an angel round at a 5 million dollar pre-money valuation.
- Represented a physical therapy practice in a sale of assets.
- Represented a local area network solution provider in a sale of assets.
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Boston University
Juris Doctorate, Touro Law, cum laude
- Member of the Law Review and Willem C. Vis International Moot Court Team
Matthew is a member of the New York State Bar Association, Business Law Section and Securities Regulation Committee, the New York City Bar Association & the American Bar Association. Matthew is also a member of the Young Entrepreneurs Council.
Matthew is a supporter of Pinktie.org, a charitable organization raising breast cancer awareness, an avid cyclist and snowboarder.